Sunday, February 6, 2011

february, what?


i can't believe it's already FEBRUARY!?!

i also can't believe the last post i made was when i was sitting in the airports on my way back from christmas vacation. i guess i have let time get by me. i can thank katey fuller for her simple email to me last week "megan, what happened to the blogger in you?" also, i can put a little blame on my camera for my lack of posts. it is currently broken. and that was my way of remembering what i should blog about. anyway, here goes an update.

getting back in january was bittersweet. i missed family and friends back home the moment i left but i also missed a lot of things about mexico and was excited to be back here after the break. flying into mexico city during the day was awesome and helped me fall back in love with this country. it was a LONG traveling day but when i got to my apartment i was relieved and felt at home.

so, my GOLDEN BIRTHDAY was january 24th. 24 on the 24th. my class and i counted down to "miss megan's birthday" from january 1-january 24th. we counted during calendar time and occasionally i threw in a "miss megan really looooooves ____" just for some gift ideas :) my kids were so sweet on my birthday though really. they made me a card before school and had everyone sign it (trying to be top secret). then some of them brought me precious gifts. and then some real crazy gifts too. i got coffee mugs, scarves, purses, cards..so sweet. my golden birthday really was a special one. kami, courtney, brittan & colleen planned a lil' surprise dinner at kami and courtney's house and kami really went ABOVE and beyond cooking. she made us some delicious food and a bunch of people sat around and ate before we went out for the night. i really have some great friends & felt super loved.

as far as teaching goes, everything is going great. my kids have good and bad days and we go with the flow most of the time. they have been really needy lately - just needing attention and needing to talk and tell stories and blahh blah. so my patience has been tested but it is a good thing :) we had 'portfolio display' day last week. every child at the school has a portfolio where one piece of work is placed from each unit. the parents were invited to come and look at their child's portfolio's last week in my class. of course ALL the parents came. talk about overwhelming! it was fun though and the parents were very encouraging. i had some tell me that they are very happy in the class and that they can tell their child is improving drastically in english :)
mission. accomplished.

so, SUPER pumped about:
*cancun with my seeeeeeester and jaybay & hannah lou in march SB2011 yawl.
*semana santa TWO WEEKS off work & traveling to somewhere super fun fun.


colleen & i officially have our tickets home at the end of the school year.
july 10 --> chicago, IL.
then from chicago we'll be heading to costa rica. ticket prices are cheaper to costa rica from chicago than from mexico. how does this make sense?
then. after costa rica, who knows.
whooo knows.
any career or life plan ideas for me?


let's see. what else.
running a 10k is on the schedule for feb. 20th.
me having strep last week did NOT fit in the training schedule..
hopefully my goal of at least FINISHING the race will be met.
even if i walk across the finish line? :)


i think that's about all i've got!
missing yawl.
COME VISSSSSIT.

-meggie


1 comment: